Belly fat is the excessive fat found around the abdomen. Belly fat can be so embarrassing especially when one is expected to wear a smart cloth.
This issue of gaining fat around the belly has been one of the major concerns of many these days. It seems more people are having this challenge every blessed day.
The question is that what could have been those things that actually causes belly fat?
You need to know the cause of a problem before you can proffer solutions and as well prevent further reoccurrences, right?
That’s why it’s important to know the reasons why people gain belly fat in order to have a better understanding of how to burn the fat and also prevent gaining the fat again after burning.
From my research, I’ve come to understand some of the reasons why people gain excessive belly fat and I will gladly love to share with you.
10 REASONS WHY PEOPLE GAIN BELLY FAT
1) High intake of sugary drinks and foods: I’m starting with this because a lot of people are guilty of this. High sugary drinks and foods including cakes and candies, sweet tea and carbonated drinks are among what an average person consumes daily.
However, consumption of these sugary foods and drinks have been discovered to be belly of the major factors that causes belly fat because sugar slows down metabolism.
2) Alcohol: The excess calories from consumption of alcohol is stored as fat, and like sugar, alcohol slows down fat burning and metabolism.
3) Lack of exercise/Inactivity: If a person consumes more calories than she/he burns off, such a one will gain weight especially belly fat over time. One of the most effective ways to burn calories is through exercising. Squatting, Child pose, Sit Up, Planking are some of the forms of exercises that help in getting rid of belly fat.
4) Low protein and fibre diet: High protein diets will make you full even with little quantity which invariably leads to increase in metabolic rate and lead to a spontaneous reduction in calorie intake. So, if on the other hand, you eat low-protein and high-carb diets, you tend to overeat which might cause decrease in metabolic rate.
5) Late night eating: Eating late at night increases the risk of having indigestion. The metabolic rate is also slowed down at this point, thereby, causing increase in belly fat.
6) Insufficient sleep: Inadequate sleep greatly have a role in gaining belly fat. Also, some sleeping disorders especially sleep apnea (a condition in which breathing stops repeatedly during the night due to soft tissue in the throat blocking the airway) has been been confirmed to be associated with belly fat.
7) Old age: As one ages, the metabolism naturally slows down, and total body fat gradually increases.
8) Frequent Indigestion: Indigestion results majorly as a results of eating too much, eating too fast, eating high-fat foods and drinking too much alcohol or caffeinated. Overeating slows down digestive process. Food eaten in large quantities remain in the stomach for a longer period of time eventually turns into fat.
9) Stress: A steroid hormone known as cortisol helps the body control and deal with stress. Whenever a person is in a dangerous or high-pressure situation, the body will release cortisol which have impact on metabolism.
And it has been proven that people tend to eat anyhow when they’re stressed making them over eat.
Cortisol produced will now cause the excess calories from overeating to get stored around the belly, thereby resulting in belly fat.
10) Menopause: Most women tend to gain belly fat during menopause due to hormonal changes in the body.
However, hormonal changes alone don’t necessarily cause belly fat. It is as well associated with aging and lifestyle.
DOES BELLY FAT HAS EFFECT ON THE HEALTH AT ALL?
Oh Yes! It does.
Belly fat poses dangerous threat to health. It increases chances of developing a number of serious health issues, including diabetes, gallbladder problems, etc
Today, I have a simple recipe for a detox drink that helps in burning belly fat. I’ve this remedy before and it worked.
What do you need to prepare this belly fat drink?
Apple Cider Vinegar
Ginger: Research has shown that the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger help in easing the inflammations that promote weight loss.
Ginger also prevents fluid retention that prevents bloating!
Lemon: Studies have shown that when it comes to getting rid of belly fat, lemon water is amazing.
Lemon water detoxifies your liver. This is important because when the liver is clean, it works best and it metabolizes fat so the fat doesn’t get stored in your stomach.
Cucumber: Cucumber seeds help in releasing excess water and unwanted toxins from the body. This reduces bloating and also helps in tightening of the muscles in stomach. Ulcers in the stomach can also cause bloating.
Cucumber, a demulcent helps in relaxing inflammation and also eases the irritation caused in the stomach lining.
Cucumber is rich in fibre and minerals, with very few calories. Being high in fibre content, it can leave you feeling full for longer, while also boosting metabolism and burning calories.
Green Tea: Green tea has many compounds, including caffeine and polyphenols that affect the body in a number of ways. One of it is boosting your metabolism, which helps to speed up the rate at which your body burns calories. Studies reveal that green tea consumption can boost metabolism by up to 4 per cent.
Honey: Honey is one of the best natural foods in the world that you can consume if you want to lose belly fat. It is not only delicious but extremely beneficial. The ethereal oils and alcohol in honey help reduce belly fat.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Studies have shown that drinking apple cider vinegar can help you lose weight and belly fat, which is why people are adding it to their diet or consuming it as a solo. Basically, apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting the sugar from apples.
Water: Water keeps the body hydrated, which is important because dehydration can slow down the fat burning process.
Water also makes one full during meals, thereby, preventing overeating.
The procedure for preparing this detox drink is very simple.
1) The first thing is to get your ingredients ready. Then, peel your ginger, wash and cut into smaller pieces.
Also, wash your cucumber and slice.
2) Get a medium sized lemon, cut into two and squeeze out the water. Add the water to your sliced ginger and cucumber.
However, you can decide to cook the lemon peel together with your ingredients but it might make your drink more bitter.
Nevertheless, it makes your flat tummy tea richer.
3) Pour them inside a pot, add some quantity of water and allow to boil for about 5 minutes.
4) After, add between 2-4 teabags of your green tea and allow to simmer for just 2 minutes.
Don’t overcook so that you won’t lose all the nutrients in the green tea.
5) Remove your pot from the stove and add about 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and stir very well.
Adding apple cider vinegar is a choice. You might decided not to add at all.
Lemon and apple cider vinegar have the same potency in reducing flat tummy.
After this, sieve your tea, allow to cool a bit and you are ready to sip your tea.
Note: The taste and smell of the tea isn’t that friendly at all😃
You can simply put some quantity of honey in a cup and while drinking the tea, you lick the honey alongside.
However, while trying to burn belly fat, you must take the following into consideration:
1) Avoid eating late at night especially heavy foods.
2) Avoid/reduce sugary and processed foods.
3) Exercise regularly.
4) Eat moderately and slowly.
5) Avoid trans fat.
6) Drink water always.
7) Eat more food rich in protein and fibre.
8) Try intermittent fasting.
9) Avoid stress and have enough rest.