As a Corps Member, there is this joy that stem up from within me anytime I’m going for Community Development Service (CDS).
One of the reasons is because I’ll get to purchase this healthy drink called Tiger nuts drink which I’ve got to love so much.
I have always known that Tiger nuts are very nutritious but haven’t tasted the drink for once. Luckily for me, I’ve been taking the drink now.
I do enjoy this drink so much and I’d love to let you know some of the health benefits of the nuts and how to produce the drink.
Tiger nuts, botanically known as Cyperus esculentus, has several other names such as Rush nut, Yellow Nutsedge, Tiger Nut, Chufa, Nut grass, Tiger nut sedge, Earth almond, etc
1) Tiger nuts are very high in fibre which in turn help prevent indigestion and constipation.
Fibre in tiger nuts has also been known to be effective in weight loss.
2) Tiger nuts also have high contents of arginine, an amino acid that is beneficial for those suffering from high blood pressure.
3) Tiger nuts are also very rich in magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C and E which helps the body fight against various diseases.
Do you know that vitamin E makes the skin glow?
And Tiger nuts have it in abundance.
4) Tiger nuts has been used as aphrodisiac in many African countries improve their sperm count and treat erectile dysfunction.
The good news is that this healthy drink is easy to prepare.
Let’s quickly look at how we can prepare Tiger Nuts drink.
Spices like ginger or cinnamon
The coconut is to increase the creaminess of your drink while date is to sweeten it.
1) Wash the tiger nuts and dates and soak in a considerable amount of water for about 24 hours.
2) Wash and slice your coconut into smaller pieces and remove the seeds of the dates.
3) Put everything in a blender, add little amount of water and blend.
Blend very well until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
However, it’s advisable to use grinding machine if you want to produce much so as not to spoil the blender.
You can add spices or sweetener of your choice like honey, cinnamon, etc
4) Sieve your drinks, pour in a jar and place inside the refrigerator.
It’s best when served chill.
Note: Apart from using Tiger nuts to prepare drink;
1) You can eat the nuts raw.
2) You can use tiger nuts to make burgers just like peanuts.
3) You can dry and powder the nuts into flour that can be used for cooking and baking.
A very simple step, right?
I’ll be looking forward to seeing you preparing Tiger nuts drink, a perfect substitute for carbonated .
Click here to read about the health benefits of Zobo drink
9 thoughts on “Health Benefits of Tiger Nuts Drink”
My love for this awesome drink ehn especially when chilled,best taken after having a long day…
Well done botapreneur
Exactly, you get it dear.
It’s best taken when chilled.
Thanks for stopping by.
I’d love to try it now that you’ve recommended it lol. But I am very concerned about the hygiene of those making it. The fear of food poisoning has stopped me from buying some of these things you know.
You’re very correct sis, that’s on if the reasons I hate buying Zobo drink.
I’ll love to know your review after you’ve made it.
Thank you sis
wow I’ve learnt something new about tiger nuts…. I also heard from my senior collaegue that the tiger nut juice or milk is advised to be used by people having lactose intolerance.
is that true also
Yes sis, Tiger Nuts do not contain any lactose so people with lactose intolerance can drink it without any problem.
Thanks for stopping by.
Thanks sis! I love that thing when I didn’t even know the english name, I knew it as ‘Ofiyo’. Thanks for shedding light sis. More inspiration I pray in Jesus name
So glad to learn a new name for this awesome drink.
Amen to your prayer, thanks for stopping by sis
Pingback: Zobo, my native drink - Botapreneur