Just last week, I decided to practice what I’ve known for a while. So, I matched down to the popular Bodija market in Ibadan to get some ingredients to use
as recipes in preparing detox drink for fat.
The ingredients I bought are :
1) Onions: The onion (Allium cepa) also known as the bulb onion , is a vegetable that is the most widely cultivated species of the genus Allium .
Onions can vary in size, shape, color, and flavor. The most common types are red, yellow, and white onions.
Onion juice helps improve hair growth by boosting the level of an antioxidant enzyme catalase. This enzyme helps decompose hydrogen peroxide, optimizing the hair growth cycle.
It helps nourish your hair follicles with its rich content of sulfur. Sulfur is essential for the regeneration of your hair follicles.
2) Tumeric: Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial flowering plant of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. However, the curcumin content of turmeric is not that high.
Turmeric brings a sharp tint to blond or brown hair and a bright yellow tint to the light or white hair. In addition, the hair mask with turmeric makes the hair flexible and shiny.
3) Garlic: Garlic (Allium sativum) is a species in the onion genus, Allium. Its close relatives include the onion, shallot, leek, chive, and Chinese onion.
Garlic is used to prevent hair loss.
It delays aging and cures various other diseases. Garlic is used as herbal medicine for many conditions related to the blood and heart.
4) Ginger: Ginger is a flowering plant whose rhizome, ginger root or simply ginger, is widely used as a spice or a folk medicine.
It belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, and is closely related to turmeric, cardomon and galangal. Ginger has a very long history of use in various forms of traditional/alternative medicine. It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold, to name a few.
5) Clove: Cloves are the aromatic flower buds of a tree in the family Myrtaceae, Syzygium aromaticum.
Many people swear by cloves for tooth pain. If you need help easing an ache before you can get to a dentist, just put a whole clove into your mouth near the painful tooth and bite down to release the oils (it might taste bitter). Wait about 10 minutes, or until you start feeling better, and spit it out. The effects can last for hours. Clove I’d also used to improve digestion, enhances immunity, etc
Back to the therapy I prepared.
On getting to the hostel, I peeled the garlic and scraped the back of tumeric and ginger.
I rinsed them in water very well together with the cloves.
After, I poured them inside a bottle and add two sachets of water and soaked it for 3 days.
After 3 days, my therapy was ready.
And what is the usefulness of this therapy?
One would be taking it morning and night to reduce flat tummy. That’s all. Very simple.
However, I also decided to make oil for my natural hair. The inspiration came while preparing the detox drink.
So, I peeled 2 cloves of garlic and 2 pieces of turmeric and onions each.
I rinsed them and grated them together.
I heated some quantity of coconut oil in a pot on low heat.
They, I added the grated onions, garlic and tumeric.
I allowed it to simmer and removed from heat and let cool for some minutes.
After cooking, I sieved, poured poured and bottled.
Yaaay!!! And my oil was ready for use.